Q: What are my current lead-dust standards for paint?
JA: Under Local Law 66 of 2019, the new lead-dust standards are defined as follows:
- Paint will be considered lead-based at a level of 5 mg/cm2
- Lead dust-wipe standards have been lowered to:
- 5 ug/ft2 on floors* 40 ug/ft2 on windowsills
- 100 ug/ft2 on window wells
- Lead poisoning levels in children have been lowered from 10 ug/dl to 5 ug/dl as per the CDC’s definition.
As a property owner, it’s your responsibility to make sure your building is always safe and free from contaminants like lead. Learn more about your lead requirements from our blog on this topic.
#LeadDustStandards #LeadDustWipes #compliance